Favorite Quotes:

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both." -Dwight D. Eisenhower, Inaugural Address, January 20, 1953

Thursday, July 22, 2010

"God Doesn't Like Ugly"

I was perusing my Twitter page the other day and a post by someone who followed me (I now protect my tweets and thus my followers) said this: @glennbeck: has macular dystrophy and could go blind within a year: now if he could only get AIDS. Being the decently just person I am I could not let a comment like that pass. I responded to him: Not nice to delight in another person's misery. Mr. Twitter (as I'll call him) responded back with a few choice words for me, which I then responded back with a retort to him (no expletives needed, but I made my point). He then promptly dropped me, which is PERFECTLY FINE.
The point I'm trying to make is this: even though we may not agree with actions or words that people around us or in society make, you should never wish them to receive an incurable disease or be glad that they are sick. That is so against how I believe God wants us to act as human beings. I realize that we are imperfect by nature, as we should be, but we should strive daily to live by God's example to the best of our ability. I am a very imperfect person and have committed more than my share of sin. However, I still get up and try to learn from my mistakes and ask for God's guidance. I'm pretty sure wishing diseases or ill will on individuals is not what God has in mind for us. I can only hope that "Mr. Twitter" learns that lesson and that no one has treated him in the same regard that he did Glenn Beck.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree! While negative comments such as Mr. Twitter's don't really hurt the person he's ranting about, it hurts all of us as a whole, but especially him. At least that's what I teach my kids. We've lost a sense of common decency in our society, and our moral fabric is eroding. As long as this type of conduct goes unchallenged, we will never see any improvement. Of course, if our country would experience a Revival of Great Awakening proportions, that would be even better!!

    Please visit my blog! laurastaley.blogspot.com
    Twitter: laura_staley
    Etsy laurastaley.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Laura! I plan to follow your blog and as soon as I get some cash, to buy some of your jewelry (I LOVE THOSE CUSTOM PIECES). However, I do have my eye on the black and fuschia one. I may just have to break down and get it. I'm also going to follow you on Twitter. I'll be back on FB one day, but I'm going to do this for awhile. lol

    ReplyDelete